We can say this over and over again and then continue to say it; videos are the marketing trend of the future and if you haven’t already, you should invest in online videos for your business. In the past year, 63% of businesses have started using video content marketing, with 82% of those businesses saying that video marketing is an important part of their marketing strategy. If that statistic doesn’t grab your attention, then keep reading. We are going to review just how much videos can really help your brand.
In case you need a refresher… Below we review some statistics around business ROI from investing in online videos.
If you are on the fence about making an investment in online videos, and wondering how much videos can really help your brand, let the below numbers help you decide. In their 2021 report, Wyzowl uncovered some key video statistics that we think speak for themselves.
- 86% of businesses say video has increased traffic to their website.
- 94% say video has helped enhance user understanding of their products and services.
- 84% say video has helped them generate leads.
- 78% say video has directly helped increase sales.
- 87% of businesses, say video, in general, gives them a good return on their investment.
- 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
If the numbers don’t have you convinced that videos can really help your brand, maybe the reasons behind why videos are so impactful will.
According to a Cisco study, in 2022, 82% of all online content will be video content, but why? Let’s get down to it.
- Increased Conversions and Sales: Videos have been proven to directly lead to an increase in sales. Around 75% of users who watch a video about a product, end up buying that product, not to mention, a video on your landing page can increase conversions by nearly 80%. 90% of customers also say videos help them make buying decisions.
- High ROI: Speaking of sales and ROI, 83% of businesses say that videos provide a good return on investment. The price for online videos, while higher than other marketing forms, is not too high compared to the ROI it provides. Studies have found that even if your video is not perfect, users are still engaged and you will continue see value in your investment.
- Build Trust and Loyalty: When a brand has a video it creates a personal connection between the brand and the audience. The main point of content marketing is to build trust and lasting relationships and videos are directly linked to creating that loyalty. As we mentioned above, 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- Search Engines Love Video: Over 80% of all website traffic consists of video. Search engines love videos because they see them as high-quality content, so using videos in various types of content, as well as on your landing pages, will dramatically impact your SEO. Videos increase the time spent by visitors on your site, which is a key factor to SEO. Studies have found that you are 50% more likely to show up on Google if you have a video embedded on your website.
- Videos Attract the Lazy: There is no real nice way to say this, but people who don’t want to do the research themselves, will be more likely to buy from a brand who has a video that tells them about their products and services and why they should buy. The video will basically do the selling for you.
- Encourages Social Engagements: As we know, interesting content, good, bad and ugly, gets increased engagement and social shares. 76% of people say they would share a branded video with their friends if it was entertaining. Video provides a great way for brands to get “social” and grow their following, in turn, increasing sales.
If you still aren’t convinced that videos can really help your brand, give us a call for a free consultation and we can walk you through some of the real life results we have seen with our OnlineVideo customers.
Don’t just take our word for it… Check out this video.
With Water Bear Marketing’s OnlineVideo, you are able to get in front of people, leveraging a commercial that can be linked back to your website or landing page, to over 70% of adults who are on mobile, desktop, or tablet devices. We eliminate wasted ad impressions by leveraging our technology and proprietary targeting products.