Awe, January. A month full of recovering from the holidays, trying to stay warm, and taking control of kick starting your business for the new year. By now, you have likely done all the planning for 2021 and probably started to implement things to help your business achieve your goals for the year. January and the new year are no joke; it’s a time to reflect on the past year and strive for something bigger and better. January is the time to plow your business into the new year and clear the way for your business success.
It’s January, it’s time to get to work. The holidays are over, your marketing plan is ready to go, and the world is your snow drift when it comes to clearing a path with your marketing in 2021. To get you pumped up to clear the way for your business success in the new year, we’re sharing some January marketing ideas, including:
- Quick and easy marketing concepts you can shovel this month to help you start off the year on the right foot.
- Suggestions to help you organize and streamline your planning, so you’ll be on track to meet and exceed your marketing goals all year long.
Let’s do this! It’s time to plow your business into the new year and clear the way for your business success in 2021.
Quick and Easy Marketing Concepts to Adopt and Embrace
- Branding for Your Business: Define or redefine your brand and remind your organization and customers who you are. Your brand is your business’s identity. It creates the image that you wish to portray and helps you set out that picture perfect winter postcard scene. Branding is one of your company’s most valuable assets and is one of the things that is easiest for you to control. Ensure that you have control of your brand and customers can easily identify who you are, what you stand for, and how your products and services can make a difference for them.
- Manage Your Local Business Listings: A robust local business listing profile is more important now than ever. If you want to show up when local searchers are trying to find businesses like yours on Google, Bing, and other search engines, a complete and optimized business listing profile is the place to start. Incomplete listing information makes it difficult for customers to make informed decisions. It also makes your business look less trustworthy than a business that has all that information readily available (G2 Learning Hub).
- Welcome Social Media: Users are more social now than ever. The biggest challenge for brands is to look for new ways to create innovative content that will help them to stand out and stop their followers from continuing down the road to a different business. To ensure you are on track with social media marketing in 2021, you should also leverage some other additional digital marketing tools to go along with your social engagement. Tools such as chat, video and OTT, and managing your local business listings and reviews, help to build authentic connections with consumers while showing them the human side of the brand.
- Step up Your Search Engine Marketing Campaigns: It’s 2021, by now you likely already have PaidSearch Marketing and Organic Search Marketing campaigns running. If you don’t, stop what you are doing, and start them today. Every second, tens of thousands of people are searching on the top search engines for products, services and solutions (Search Engine Watch), but just having your business there is not enough, you need to grab the searchers’ attention and stand out from the competition. Successful businesses need to deliver the right messaging for the right moment. Better creative messages improve ad relevance and drive more qualified clicks from your search ads (Google).
- Enhance Your Website to Convert More Visitors: The average Internet user leaves a web page in 10 to 20 seconds. Having a website with a clear value proposition, call to action, and that easily shows what your business can do for the customer; can hold a user’s attention for much longer. To gain several minutes of users’ attention, you must clearly communicate your value proposition within 10 seconds of the user landing on your page (Nielson Norman Group). This is something that many businesses overlook, as they often forget that customers are in a hurry and want things right in front of them. Having a website that is optimized to convert viewers into customers is key to success in the new year.
Planning Suggestions to Help you Organize and Streamline your Marketing
- Solidify and Embrace Your Yearly Goals and Marketing Plan: One of the most crucial beginning steps in figuring out a marketing plan is solidifying your business’s clear, concrete goal or goals. When you start planning your marketing for the new year you need to have a solid strategy with a well-defined plan and need to know what message you want to send and where your ideal audience is. Take some time in January to make sure your goals and your marketing plan are solidified. As 2020 reminded us, things can change quickly. Having a documented plan or a growth strategy in place can make the difference between hitting your revenue goals for the year and missing them.
- Engage Your Social Followers in a Conversation about Goals for the New Year for Your Business: Ask your followers for feedback and allow them to help you create your goals for the new year. With your followers’ guidance, you can discover items that you may not have considered important for your business in the new year. 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations (Search Engine Land). Therefore, you need to make your customers and followers fans of your business.
- Revisit What Did and Didn’t Work in the Past: You have a full year of data available, take time and review it to see what worked in your marketing last year and what didn’t. Review what content or webpages performed best for you, what resonated with your audience on social media, and what marketing strategies, campaigns, or channels drove the most leads. Keep doing the things that worked for you and change the things that didn’t. Take a gander at your competition’s marketing methods. What appears to have worked and not worked for them?
- Review 2021 Marketing Trends and Predictions: Do research and find content around what to expect in the world of marketing and business in 2021. Get up to speed on what the experts expect to be big this year in your own industry and gain some ideas on trends that you might want to try out. As the world has changed, so has consumer behavior. It should come as no surprise that people are living more and more online these days, and that will likely not change anytime soon, or anytime at all. Leaders in the marketing world believe that if organizations want to survive the “new normal”, that COVID-19 has brought us, they will need to adapt fast and with a strong digital marketing plan.
January is a time to reflect on the past year and strive for something bigger and better for the new year. Now that you have the scoop on some suggestions, we have for you to make the most of this first month of the year, it’s time to hit the road and take action. January is the time to plow your business into the new year and clear the way for your business success.
At Water Bear Marketing™, we believe that in today’s world, there is no room for guessing with your advertising dollars. We help our customers get a return on their online advertising dollars and prove the results with our reporting. Your success is our success. Contact us today for a free consultation and kick start your year off right.