We know, banner ads may seem like the old fashioned form of digital marketing; however, they are still hanging around, and, if used effectively, can really help your business get more business. What’s trending in banner ads? We are going to review some of the things that you can do to ensure your BannerAds are working for you.
Can I have a brief refresher on what banner ads and banner advertising are?
We have got you covered! If you use the Internet, odds are you have seen a banner ad, or thousands. Banner advertising is often also referred to as display advertising. Banner advertising refers to the use of a rectangular graphic display that stretches across the top, bottom, or sides of a website or online media property. The purpose of banner advertising is to promote a brand and/or to get visitors to go to your business’s website.
Banner ads can help your company advertise in a more attention-grabbing way than other online advertising options. One of the benefits of banner ads is that they can be designed and styled and are not limited to text only with character counts. With display ads, you can use graphics, video, audio, and your company’s branding to stand out to users and attract their attention (Think with Google). Banner ads help you create brand awareness in a place where viewers can take immediate action, online.
So, what’s trending in banner ads and how can you make sure yours are producing results?
Creating banner ads that grab your ideal audience’s attention, is important and a main component to if your banner ads will serve their purpose, gaining you new customers. When it comes to what’s trending in banner ads, there are some things you can do to ensure your banner ads stand out:
- Use a color scheme that is the same as the landing page and embraces your company’s branding.
- Ensure you have a clear call to action that matches the landing page and attracts the viewer. Your reader should be able to understand what you offer in the blink of an eye (that’s about how long your ad will have their attention). Tell the viewer what to do next.
- Include high-quality photos that will grab a person’s attention. You need a highly relevant and unique image that will take them away from the information they’re actively searching for on that page.
- Keep the text large for easy readability.
- Short and to the point. Keep your message simple and something that can be read in 3 seconds (again, in the blink of an eye).
- Leave no question as to who you are and how you can help your audience. Make sure your company logo is present, large, and stands out.
- Know banner ad sizing and what size you need to advertise where.
- Consider adding moving images and something that will make your ads different than others.
- Continuously review your ads’ effectiveness and change them as needed.
With the right banner ads, and by keeping up with what’s trending in banner ads, banner advertising can be one of the most effective forms of digital marketing.
With Water Bear Marketing’s BannerAds, you are able to get in front of people, leveraging a display banner ad, on over 96% of the places people can see banner ads. We eliminate wasted ad impressions by leveraging our technology and proprietary targeting products.