You have likely heard the saying before, “communication is key”, and that couldn’t be more true. When it comes to your ideal audience, the more you communicate with them and stay at the front of their minds, the better. Your business should be the first thing that your customers and potential customers think of when they are in need of your type of products and services. We are going to explore some tips for communicating with your ideal audience, to help your business… get more business.
Need a Refresher on who and what an Ideal Audience is? We’ve got you Covered.
Your ideal customer and audience are the people who you are targeting to do business with. They are the type of people who need your products and services and you prefer doing business with. Your business is the solution to a problem they are trying to solve. If you own an all-beef burger company, you likely aren’t going to spend time and money marketing to vegetarians; they are not ideal customers for your business.
The 5 C’s of Effective Communication.
Before we dive into tips for communicating with your ideal audience, we thought it would be a good idea to review the 5 C’s of effective communication. After all, if you can’t effectively communicate, what’s the point of communicating at all?
- Clear: Being clear is the first item on the list because it is the most important part of good communication. If your thoughts are not clear, your audience will not understand your message and may arrive at an interpretation that is different than the point you were trying to make. Keep the number of ideas and your content to a minimum, and don’t add anything that obscures your message. Try to use facts and figures to have a greater impact.
- Concise: To put this simply (see what we did there?), make every word count. The less wordy, the better. Remove any filler words. Focus on getting your point across in the briefest manner.
- Courteous: To effectively communicate, you need to be non-judgmental. Being courteous allows you to show that you actually care about your audience. Understand what words will have a negative impact on your audience, and avoid them. Show empathy.
- Consistent: This one is obvious. If you want to be effective with your communications, they need to be consistent. If you are continuously changing the message you are sending, people will become confused, uninterested, and may lose trust.
- Compelling: In order to be compelling, you need to understand your ideal audience and what works and doesn’t work for them. The key to being captivating is communicating in a manner that resonates with your audience and creates interest with them.
Tips for Communicating With Your Ideal Audience
When it comes to communication with your ideal audience, nothing is more important than actually understanding that audience and what works and doesn’t work for them.
- Know Your Audience: As we just said, the most important thing to communicating with your ideal audience, is knowing who they are, what works for them, and where/how they prefer to communicate. Keep in mind, one size may not fit all.
- Ask Questions and Listen: You need to ask questions and really listen. This allows you to know what your ideal audience is looking for and how they prefer to communicate. Your ideal audience is full of people who regularly search for products and services you provide; the key is to ensuring that your brand and website actually comes up in those searches and to the front of their minds.
- Keep it Simple: As mentioned above, keeping your communications concise and to the point, will help you to effectively get your message across. Don’t get lost in telling a story; be bold and direct.
- Chose the Right Channels: In today’s world there are endless ways to communicate with people. Know where your audience is and how they prefer to communicate and then mirror that. If you ask a customer for an email address and they don’t have one, obviously you will likely not reach them online, so use Out-of-Home, mail, phone, etc., to connect with them.
At Water Bear Marketing we are here to help you reach and communicate with your ideal audience. Hydrate with ReEngage® is designed for small to medium-sized businesses or a marketing team, which allows you to thoughtfully communicate with your customers consistently and effectively.
Hydrate with ReEngage® can help you stay top of mind to your potential, current, and former customers through text, voice messages, email, letters, and postcards, all within our reporting dashboard. Hydrate with ReEngage® requires minimal setup to start sending powerful communications.