The New Year will be here before we know it, it is less than two weeks away, and with a new year, comes new opportunities. If you haven’t jumped on the video marketing train just yet, the New Year may mark the perfect time to do so. Embracing video marketing in 2024 can be a game changer for your business. As technology advances and people’s preferences shift towards consuming content in a more visual and engaging manner, video marketing offers numerous benefits that can help your brand stand out and thrive. We are going to explore some of the key benefits of video marketing and why it should be a part of your 2024 marketing strategy.
Is Video Marketing Actually Important for my Brand?
As we have reviewed before, video marketing can really make a difference for you brand. In this day and age people want to consume as much content as quickly as they can, making embracing video marketing in the New Year a must.
Global digital video viewership is projected to be around 3.5 billion by the end of 2023 (Statista). That’s a huge amount of people interested in watching digital videos. A recent study shows that as many as 91% of consumers want to see more online video content from brands, with 96% of marketers saying that video is an ‘important part’ of their marketing strategy. 89% of people say watching a video has convinced them to buy a product or service (Wyzowl).
What does this all mean? We will keep this short and sweet. If you aren’t using and embracing video marketing, you are missing a huge audience and aren’t doing what your competitors likely already are.
Benefits of Embracing Video Marketing
When it comes to the benefits of video marketing, if the number of people wanting to see video content and businesses saying how much it has helped them grow isn’t enough, maybe the below will help you gain a better understanding as to why embracing video marketing in the New Year is not something you can put off. Let’s jump right into some of the additional benefits of this form of advertising and marketing.
- Boosted Engagement: Videos are generally more engaging than text or static images. They capture attention, convey emotions, and tell stories effectively. The viewer doesn’t have to guess the tone and try to understand what point is trying to be made. This means viewers are more likely to watch, like, comment, and share your video content, leading to increased brand visibility and organic reach.
- Increased Conversion Rates and Sales: Videos have been proven to directly lead to an increase in sales. Around 75% of users who watch a video about a product, end up buying that product, not to mention, a video on your landing page can increase conversions by nearly 80%. As mentioned above, around 90% of customers also say videos help them make buying decisions. Adding videos to your website or landing pages can significantly boost conversion rates and can persuade potential customers to take action.
- Word of Mouth Advertising: Engaging video content is something that people like to share with others, meaning they will do the advertising for you. 51% of people say that they are more likely to share video content with their friends than any other type of content (Wyzowl).
- Greater Audience Retention: People tend to retain information better when presented in video format compared to text. There are even studies that prove that video increases message retention. By delivering your message through video, you can ensure that your audience remembers and understands your content more effectively than other forms of communication.
- Stronger Connections: Video is a powerful medium for storytelling and explaining who your brand is. It allows you to convey your brand’s message, values, and personality in a compelling way. This creates for valuable connections with your audience and can help you reach people who you otherwise would not be able to convert to customers. It helps your brand and business develop a real-life connection.
There are so many other reasons why embracing video marketing in the New Year should be at the top of your 2024 marketing “must have” list: Increased mobile traffic, enhanced SEO performance, tailored content for different demographics, and more. We think you get the point. Video marketing is a something you need to have in the New Year. Water Bear Marketing can help.
With Water Bear Marketing’s OnlineVideo, you are able to get in front of people, leveraging a commercial that can be linked back to your website or landing page, to over 70% of adults who are on mobile, desktop, or tablet devices. We eliminate wasted ad impressions by leveraging our technology and proprietary targeting products.